Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.
Chapter 3 - Xivi Island.
This chapter is SO - TRICKY!!!
It's already been written, but it's the revising part. I've got 6 pages too many and I'm going to have to be ruthless to cut it down. The problem is there's too many things to cover.
- Jory and Karalan trying to understand each other
- Cassie's identity and her dislike towards Karalan
- Dim's identity and his bizarre habits (this may now be Chapter 5)
- The fact that they're on a moving island which later becomes important
- The fact that they're at the House of Nocsaare, which is important because it haunts Karalan for the rest of her life
- Karalan trying to get her body back to how it was - after all, she's used to being a warrior
- MOST importantly, Karalan trying to determine exactly what has transpired in one cycle/seven years.
Revising this chapter is taking so much longer than the other two, I'm doing the final readthrough now and it's a killer. The next one is considerably easier and I can't wait to get there. Also, that's when we finally meet Milete Beyene :3
Time to put my head down and get my teeth in this.
Today marks the beginning of the third month that I have been feverishly writing Out Of The Dust. I considered posting this on my personal blog, but decided that this story was too special to me and gave it a sparkling brand new one. =]
THIS IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!
I mean, come on! It's ME. I can barely stick to one story at a time. I was worried that I was never going to be able to write a book - I'm constantly inspired, forever jotting things down and being grabbed by new ideas that it's always tricky for me to stick to one thing. My Story List now spans over a hundred distinct ideas or plots for books, however great/lame. (So I'm set for life - great - but who the hell has time to write a hundred books?)
(... naturally, I'm going to try.)
But now, whenever I'm inspired I simply feed the idea straight into Out Of The Dust. Instead of being constantly diverted, in fact the story is constantly expanding.
I'm happy. ^_^
It's five in the morning and I'm going to write some more of OOTD Chapter 3, with the gang of Xivi island. I think I'll use this blog to mark my progress. I'm sure it will be helpful.
But then, come on. It's ME.
I already have a dozen other names, and four other blogs.